Spiritual Lesson: “Humility.”
The month of February is a month where we celebrate the qualities of equality and freedom. It has no totem animal, but is represented by the Water Bearer pouring forth the “waters of life” to others. Valentine’s Day and the birthday of Abraham Lincoln in the United States, are reminders that if we circulate what we receive from the month of January (for the sake of empowering, understanding, and uplifting others), we help bring this world one step closer towards becoming a world-wide human family. What does it take to do this? How can we become “water-bearers” of life giving energy using our gifts to strengthen the bonds of connection between us?
First, we must have something to give. If our “water-pot” is empty because we are too hurt, confused, powerless, or insecure to even know what we have to offer others, we have nothing available to alleviate the needs of “thirsty” people. Also, if our “water-pot” is polluted with our own ego drives (causing us to want to be special and dominate others), we may have something to give to needy people, but the end result will be their enslavement, not liberation. The waters are not life giving, but feed upon their fears, insecurities, and makes them feel different from others. We may also cause those who drink the polluted water we give them to chase after fantasies and other delusions, where they also seek to become the special “elite” within a group atmosphere. The only remedy to this is the quality of humility.
Humility is a great lesson and gift of the month of February. Truly great people are humble people who understand clearly both their assets and liabilities. They have a clear assessment of their gifts and what they can, and cannot, contribute to others. They also know that even the greatest accomplishment is small in comparison to the vast majesty, power, and magic of the Universe. Knowing this humble people seek to use their gifts (waters of life) for the benefit of others, in a way that empowers them. Without seeking to place the attention on themselves, humble people go about their daily lives constantly seeking to improve the quality of the lives of others. Because of this others respect them and this mutual feeling of respect brings about greater harmony in our world. With humility then this is a good month to consider the following questions for contemplation….
Questions to meditate upon during the month of February include:
1. What do I have stored in my “water pot?” How willing and ready am I to circulate and share these with others?
2. What freedoms do I have a right to exercise now, having demonstrated my willingness to cultivate a greater sense of responsibility (a key lesson for the month of January)?
3. How am I building up my network with other groups for the sake of expanding my radius of contact, communication, and access to new ideas at this time? How am I helping others to do the same?
4. In what ways do I need to become a more effective communicator of ideas that help unite others into a greater whole? What spiritual, psychological, sociological, and/or technological tools can I utilize to assist me in this?
5. How can I expand my understanding of the word “group” to include a deeper compassion for, appreciation of, and insight towards a group that might seem foreign to me?
6. What tendencies to stand on my isolated spiritual mountain (because I feel too superior or inferior compared to others) prevent me from joyfully circulating my ideas as an equal amongst equals? How can I break through this and enjoy the process of what I am here to contribute for the well-being of myself and the world?
Want help exploring these questions? I’m here to assist you.
Contact me at Dr. Lisa Love Website
Copyright © 2009 by Lisa Love. All Rights Reserved.
About Dr. Lisa Love
Best-selling author of BEYOND THE SECRET: Spiritual Power and the Law of Attraction. She is also a Life, Relationship, Law of Attraction, and Tranformational coach. There’s a reason my clients tell me by working with me they get major breakthroughs fast! Decades of coaching and counseling experience combined with my extensive training and work with clients from all backgrounds help my clients make shifts in a rapid way. Contact me to discover what I can do for you.
FREE GIFTS ON MY WEBSITE: Go to: http://www.doctorlisalove.com/freegifts.html